For those wondering where and how they can get a copy of their birth chart for free, I always recommend astro.com, which is an excellent site and has tons of information for the Astrological novice, as well as those who may be further along in their studies or practice.
The steps are relatively simple to retrieve your birth chart:
(1) Go to: http://www.astro.com
(2) Click on the ‘free horoscope’ link on the menu at the top of the page
(3) On the next screen, you’ll want to click the link for guest users if you haven’t established an account with the site. When you click the link, you should see a form that allows you to enter in your data (first/last name, gender, date/time of birth as well as country, city and state)
Note; You’ll want to use the extended settings feature to make sure the time zone is correct.
After this, you’ll hit the ‘continue’ button.
*The methods section will be set to ‘circular charts’, which is what you want.
(4) On the drop down menu select ‘natal chart wheel’, which should automatically be there. The chart drawing style will say ‘web default style’. you can keep that setting.
(5) Under the options setting, it should be populated with the current date in the ‘Start date for charts marked with’ section.
(6) For House systems, you can either leave it at the default setting or choose Placidus.
(7) For Image size, you’ll want to keep it at full size for good print quality.
* You can skip ‘additional objects’ as well as the menu to the right unless you’re familiar with how that setting alters the appearance of the birth chart.
(8) Push ‘click here to show the chart’
You should have an official copy of your chart for your records. There are also sections on the site which give you free mini interpretations to get you started. Note that these “cookbook” interpretations aren’t designed to serve as an official consultation, but more as narratives to describe potentials. In order to get a personalized analysis of your chart, it’s advised that you invest in a consultation with a professional Astrologer.